Final Post-Week 10

(I am posting this earlier because I am travelling tonight)

From The PBA future emerging market tools listed on the “Future Ventures” page I have used the followings:

• Blogs.
  • Wikis.
  • Cloud Computing.

I would like to see more of services that offer the PBA pedagogy to the world. One of the major issues in Chilean Education System is that educators have few hours for planning and little opportunities for perfecting their practices. Today, some non-for-profit organizations, Ed Tech Forums and conferences are emerging, but I still think it is a potential market to expand. There are a lot of needs to cover and I think that PBA pedagogy is really effective for promoting authentic learning. I would like to thank this week team for their work. Currently, with a team of innovative educators, we have been working during this year on creating a venture related to the integration of IT in instruction based on PBA pedagogy. The information provided by team 10 has been very useful. Hope we succeed someday.

I would like to end this post by expressing how I enjoyed Sir Ken Robisnon’s video. I haven’t seen it before but I have read his book “Out of Our Minds” and seen his TED Talk. His arguments are really appealing and motivating for educators who want to foster creativity, problem solving and critical thinking skills in students. PBA pedagogy is an effective way to accomplish this as it promotes autonomy, but also collaboration among peers, and knowledge-building. In PBA pedagogy, the teacher is more a guide than a transmitter of knowledge.

Angela.

Posted in: Week 10: Product-Based Assessments